IOCE evaluation professionalization network

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IOCE evaluation professionalization network

We agreed at the Global Forum in Kathmandu that we will start an IOCE network on evaluation professionalization – so here we go: Do join us by registering to the forum and joining the discussion! The network will be coordinated by Riitta Oksanen (EES) and Susan Tamondong (IDEAS).

The work plan that we developed in Kathmandu is below. We not need volunteers to take the work forward – Let us know which task you wish to lead:

1. Establish a working group on evaluation professionalization – DONE!

2. Share information of existing professionalization initiatives and continue discussing professionalization (IOCE website, forthcoming EES & AEA conferences in 2016) – SEE SEPARATE POST ON “SHARE INFORMATION ON PROFESSIONALISATION” ON THIS FORUM

3. Define values and general principles to guide evaluation professionalization processes – SEE SEPARATE POST ON “GENERAL GUIDING PRINCIPLES FOR EVALUATION PROFESSIONALISATION” ON THIS FORUM

4. Define a well-sequenced roadmap with milestones leading to evaluation professionalization reflecting the components in the working definition. WHO WANTS TO LEAD THIS?

5. Unpack the components in the working definition by identifying for each component below: What is the process for defining these? What content elements belong to these (contents framework)?
    • improved access to quality education and training;
    • dissemination of evaluation knowledge and good practices;
    • streamlining of guiding principles, ethical guidelines and standards for evaluation;
    • agreed evaluation capabilities or competencies frameworks;
    • legitimate ways of recognizing the knowledge, skills and dispositions as well as experience needed to carry out work to an adequate standard of quality;
    • institutional structures for professionalization.
    • WHO VOLUNTEERS TO LEAD THE UNPACKING OF EACH OF THE ABOVE?
    6. Identify unifying global commonalities in existing professionalization principles, guidelines, standards, frameworks + identify elements relevant for specific cultures and contexts to manage the risks of a global approach (work with EvalIndigenous).
    WHO WANTS TO START WORKING ON THIS?

Riitta & Susan

Hi Riitta and Susan,

Thanks for taking this matter to the next steps.

I would like to assist with this. Let me review the list of actions to be taken and revert to you in a day or so (am on lunar new year break now).

Rgds.

Aru Rasappan

Comment

Hi Ritta and Susan,

I would be interested in assisting with this. Could you please send me the guiding principles again, I can't seem to find a copy of these? Kind regards, Kate

Comment

From Emma Williams

I am interested in the ‘legitimate ways of recognizing the knowledge, skills and dispositions as well as experience needed to carry out work to an adequate standard of quality’. As a person deeply interested in evaluation professionalisation, but also a colleague of highly although differently experienced Australian Indigenous researchers/evaluators, I find the area challenging and worth considerable attention.

Associate Professor Emma Williams
        emmac.williams@iinet.net.au

Comment

Hi Ritta,

I'm not sure I can see the workplace that was developed in Kathmandu, so wondered if you send it to me please? Also, can you please let us know who is on the working group? And how is it that you imagine associations might contribute to this work? Do we send our nominations for volunteers to you?

kind regards,

Kate McKegg
          Convenor, ANZEA

Comment

Sorry Ritta,

I meant the work programme, not workplace. I know I've asked this before, but I still don't seem to be able toes the documents, even when I am logged in.

Kate

Comment

• Riitta Oksanen
              Riitta Oksanen commented
              Editing a comment
              Kate,

The simple work programme that we developed in Kathmandu was included in the first post, copied again here:

The work plan that we developed in Kathmandu is below. We not need volunteers to take the work forward – Let us know which task you wish to lead:

1. Establish a working group on evaluation professionalization – DONE!

2. Share information of existing professionalization initiatives and continue discussing professionalization (IOCE website, forthcoming EES & AEA conferences in 2016) – SEE SEPARATE POST ON “SHARE INFORMATION ON PROFESSIONALISATION” ON THIS FORUM

3. Define values and general principles to guide evaluation professionalization processes – SEE SEPARATE POST ON “GENERAL GUIDING PRINCIPLES FOR EVALUATION PROFESSIONALISATION” ON THIS FORUM

4. Define a well-sequenced roadmap with milestones leading to evaluation professionalization reflecting the components in the working definition. WHO WANTS TO LEAD THIS?

5. Unpack the components in the working definition by identifying for each component below: What is the process for defining these? What content elements belong to these (contents framework)?
              improved access to quality education and training;
              dissemination of evaluation knowledge and good practices;
              streamlining of guiding principles, ethical guidelines and standards for evaluation;
              agreed evaluation capabilities or competencies frameworks;
              legitimate ways of recognizing the knowledge, skills and dispositions as well as experience needed to carry out work to an adequate standard of quality;
              institutional structures for professionalization.
              WHO VOLUNTEERS TO LEAD THE UNPACKING OF EACH OF THE ABOVE?
              6. Identify unifying global commonalities in existing professionalization principles, guidelines, standards, frameworks + identify elements relevant for specific cultures and contexts to manage the risks of a global approach (work with EvalIndigenous).
              WHO WANTS TO START WORKING ON THIS?

Kate & all,

Please see the attached letter form Ziad Moussa on how to geth involved.

Riitta
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Riitta/Susan,

​I may have missed further communication or progress on this...could you please let me know what's progress and next steps for this task team? Tnx. Aru Rasappan

Comment

Dear all,

This message is to thank all of you who have indicated interets in participating in the IOCE professionalisation network. The invitation is still open, so do join us! If you have a special interest that you wish to work on, let us know.

So far:
                - We have established a document repository. The idea is to provide easy access to all VOPEs to documentation on professionalsiation initiatives around the world. There is now a direct link to the repository from the IOCE front web-page, see: http://www.ioce.net. If you do have or know of relevant documents, do send them to Lynn to upload. Can we e.g. have the evaluation document of the Canadian credentialing process, the report produced in South Africa as background to their process, existing norms and standards, capabilities frameworks - others?
                - We have started a discussion on this forum.

Planned:
                - We plan a webinar meeting for the network in May 2016 to agree on leads and responsibilitises to proceed with the work plan, and to further develop the plan if needed. We will come back soon to agree on a date and time.
                - We hope to organise a face-to-face meeting in Maastricht during the EES Conference 26-30 September 2016 with network members who are there for the Conference.
                - Let's also use the AEA Conference and others to work together on professionalisation.

Best, Riitta & Sue

Comment

Working...
                X