Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Global Evaluation Agenda - A message from the IOCE President, Ziad Moussa

Dear Colleagues

I trust this message finds you well and constructively busy celebrating EvalYear

IOCE is invited to take part next week in the UNEG Evaluation week which brings together all concerned stakeholders in evaluation across the UN System. Most notably, there is a panel entitled “Towards a 2016-2020 Global Evaluation Agenda” on Wednesday March 11th @ 10:00 am New York time.

I am sure that you are aware of (and most probably have contributed to) the global networked online consultation around the global evaluation agenda 2016-2020. In all cases, I am attaching the outcomes again for your convenience.

The panel is challenging us to answer four basic questions, in line with the global consultation:
    1. What are the three most important strategies to ensure governments and parliaments improve policy making and implementation, by demanding and using evaluation in decision making?
    2. What are the three most important strategies to ensure that Organizations have stronger institutional capacities to contribute to national evaluation systems?
    3. What are the three most important strategies to ensure that individual evaluators have the capability to produce good quality, context-relevant, equity-focused and gender-responsive evaluations?
    4. How to ensure that enabling environment, institutional capacities and individual capabilities will mutually reinforce each other? And how to ensure that very diverse multi-stakeholders work in partnership based on their own value added and comparative advantages?

In order to make the best out of IOCE’s participation, I kindly invite you to share your thoughts around these questions, in order for me to voice out our collective concerns. You can also use twitter (@lbziadmoussa) or the three hashtags for the event : #evalyear #evalweek #evaltorch.

I want also to draw you attention to the high level panel “Bridge to a Better World: Evaluation at the Service of the Post-2015 agenda” taking place on Monday March 9th 15:00 – 17:00 New York time in the presence of the UN Secretary General. The event will be broadcasted on http://livestre.am/3W8SK and I will be glad to convey the position of the VOPEs movement “live” so feel free to share any recommendations or thoughts around this event as well.

With kindest regards

Ziad Moussa
    IOCE President
    Attached Files
Working...
X